Thursday, November 03, 2005

1994

I was 9 that year and I pretty much couldn't remember anything that happened then. So why I put it as the title for this post you ask, probably another one of my random meaningless titles that appear on a regular basis here you think. No. 1994 is a significant year indeed, it's the year my new 1/72 scale VF-1J Valkyrie [Variable] Millia type model kit was made. Well it's a 1994 reissue but it's still damn rare!!! It is afterall more than 10 years old!

And that's only one of the many things I bought at KL, using not my money, where I spent the better half of my trip. My stay there would have been perfect if not for an incident involving a cab driver that makes you think everyone there is trying to rip you off simply because you're not local. KL is like Singapore with a very much worst public transport system. Imagine getting on a bus which door wouldn't close, a LRT to MRT transit equivalent that requires you to walk for a good 5 to 10 minutes and go through the damn gates countless times. The worst part is the instructions and directions written in english NOWHERE! There are virtually no english directions or instructions for anything that matters.

STOP speaking to me in cantonese! I don't fucking understand! I cried out loud a million times in my head while I was there. But all that aside, they do have a large number of collectable toy stores and for that, and almost that alone, I won't mind going back there. Everything is relatively cheaper and almost everything there that's branded is fake. Everyone carries a Gucci, or so it seems, and you can find DVDs going for as little as 8RM a piece, I know it's even cheaper in China but I'm not in China, everywhere. You can find stalls selling DVDs at virtually every stall front. I saw one at every "video rental" and game store. I even saw one at the cashier of a hair dresser!! With DVDs that cheap, I can understand why there is nothing even remotely worth watching on TV. Everything nice was not aired and whatever was aired was heavily censored. They fucking censored the word SHIT!! On a number of occasions, I was forced to watch some lame variety show with no variety whatsoever since it shows on a regular basis local MTVs, what the fuck?!, and there was this call in and make a dedication thing because there's so little TV worthy content they stuck a camera in a radio station or something. If not for the fact that I have to pay international rates to call in, I would have done it and shouted shit until they cut me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home