Wednesday, August 24, 2005

cool wreck

I was on Zhijun's car today and I saw this yellow really cool looking lamborghini flash by. It looked exactly like a scene from a game with all those cool cars racing around with with traffic that gets in your way very much like that in real life. The perfectly rendered machine on the virtual streats of Vegas right there on a Singaporean road. That's when I said something that made Zhijun go, you're sick. I want to see it crash. With my usual straight face whe I say morbid stuff like that.

It's not the first time I saw a car like that in real life, I've in fact seen quite a number of them around, some officers are fucking rich, especially those still single and live off the SAF when it comes to food and lodging, overpaid and underworked, annoying. They have enough cash to spare to spend on a car that they won't take above gear 1 (I don't drive but I was told so, if it's wrong, it's not me) on an average Singaporean road. I've seen my share of lamborghinis and ferraris around camp, they're just not moving when I saw them. I assumed that I thought of the crashing scenerio because of the many sadistic games I played but there's a line to draw to everything. If I saw a stationary car and gets the thought of ripping it's door open and driving it away like in the GTA series, I'd be having serious legal issues. So I very much left those wonder cars in camp alone, just another car I tell myself. I can probably attribute my lack of interest to the fact that I'm usually either on my way home or on a bus sleeping when I see the cars in camp, in short, I don't care.

The thought of wanting to see it crash filled me with adrenaline, I was actually disappointed that it didn't since it would've been one hell of a cool wreck! I can almost imagine it scrapping against the center divider of the road, sparks everywhere, as it got nudged and sandwiched by a rival car. And shortly after that, it'll start shaking, the tyres lose traction and the bonnet flies off in no time. It all happens really fast and the next thing I know, the engine catches fire and I watch in awe as the flaming lamborghini ricochet off the center divider and fly a distance away, all this time, the words "Wall Takedown" keeps flashing. And as I watch the cool flaming wreck sail overhead, can't believe my eyes, I see it move a little as it carefully lands with a smash right in front of another rival car. And the scene just replays over and over with the words "Aftertouch Takedown" flashing in a corner. That's when I get pissed off and hit the "start" button for the game to move on.

What's wrong with wanting to see whether the cool cars really do crash like they do on screen? No harm in putting game physics to the test as far as I'm concern. Now who wants to play liero?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home