Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Icarus

I finally drew something, after a long long time. It's a random character I created for the sake of drawing something. It's been too long since I last drew so I figured it's high time I start again.

0.5 mech. pencils for draft and 005 Microns for lines. Photoshop CS 2 for hue and frame. I'm so lazy I didn't even erase the pencils off, you can probably see them if you look carefully. I may ink this if I have the time or, more importantly, the zest to do stuff. It took me faster than expected to come up with a name for this piece.

Remember that story about this father and son who wanted to fly and so they made wings by attaching feathers to their body with wax? The son Icarus flew too close to the sun and the wax holding the feathers together melted causing him to fall to his death.

I'd say this is a pretty appropriate title for a pilot of something, most probably something that flies, who looks bored, dejected, sian.

Click on the image to see a higher res. version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home